- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 3 large onions peeled and chopped
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 3cm chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tsp celtic or sea salt
- 1 red chilli or more to taste
- 3cm ginger peeled
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- juice of 2 limes
- can of coconut milk
- half a bunch of fresh coriander
Fry the onions in the olive oil on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are brown and carmelised. Add the pumpkin and cook stirring frequently for another 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, water, salt, lime leaves and ginger and bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove the lime leaves and chilli, add the coconut milk, lime juice and coriander and liquidise the soup.
Garnish with coriander and enjoy!